Blog - LJ - ClaimID - Alcorn - Mad About - Habits - Soup - Sites - Friends - Bruce - Ange - Bootstrap - Net Savoir - Cloud Pics
My title is thus
Talking to myself...



Smange Facebook Fan Page

My status Angela Alcorn
Subscribing

 Subscribe in a reader

 Subscribe by Email
If you want to subscribe to a selection of stuff I do online, try this feed.
To collect my writing back into one place, I've made a Facebook Fan Page to collect all my best professional writing, including my work at MakeUseOf, NetSavoir, Vegemite Croissant, Stage Left Events, Bootstrap Your Life and more.
To browse other sites of mine, see my ClaimID.


Daily Mugshot



Twitter Updates
    follow me on Twitter
    www.flickr.com
    By Title
    I'm bored
    Talking to a few...
    Ange & Bruce Alcorn



    Widget_logo



    Fun Links
    Delicious Tags


    Latest Links

    Make Money Blogging


     
     Thursday, December 09, 2004

    I'm bored

    Right, so let's use the HBDI decision making/conflict resolving method to solve my current dilemma. (Yes, I am *that* bored)

    -----------------------------
    SHORT TERM:
    Analyse your situation (What are the facts?):
    I'm at work when it is a nice day outside.
    My flatmates are at home having fun without me.
    I want to go home.
    I am bored.

    Personalise your perspective (What are your feelings on this?):
    I feel bored.
    I am grumpy.
    I feel restless.

    Strategise your desired outcomes (Where would you like to go with this?):
    I would like to go home.
    No really, that's where I'd like to go with this.

    Organise your action steps (What steps do you take to get there?):
    Leave the desk.
    Go down the lift.
    Unlock my bike.
    Fly and be free.

    -----------------------------
    LONG TERM:
    Analyse your situation (What are the facts?):
    I need more free time.
    I need to keep earning money.

    Personalise your perspective (What are your feelings on this?):
    I want to love my job.
    I feel bored.
    I feel useless and restless.
    I feel like it makes no difference to anyone if a few more calls get answered. I want to do something that counts.
    I'm sick of being nice to people.

    Strategise your desired outcomes (Where would you like to go with this?):
    I want to step back from customer service and take on a more holistic role that will make large scale changes.
    I want to incorporate my studies into my role and advance my Event Management career.
    I want to organise fun things that people want to go to.

    Organise your action steps (What steps do you take to get there?):
    Talk to ACCU about a new role
    Continue studies at TAFE
    Take up studies at Flinders
    Study over the holidays
    Continue IV and Folk Federation volunteer work.
    Try not to be too bored.

    Posted at 7:47 AM #

    Comments:
    View Comments »