Blog - LJ - ClaimID - Alcorn - Mad About - Habits - Soup - Sites - Friends - Bruce - Ange - Bootstrap - Net Savoir - Cloud Pics
My title is thus
Talking to myself...



Smange Facebook Fan Page

My status Angela Alcorn
Subscribing

 Subscribe in a reader

 Subscribe by Email
If you want to subscribe to a selection of stuff I do online, try this feed.
To collect my writing back into one place, I've made a Facebook Fan Page to collect all my best professional writing, including my work at MakeUseOf, NetSavoir, Vegemite Croissant, Stage Left Events, Bootstrap Your Life and more.
To browse other sites of mine, see my ClaimID.


Daily Mugshot



Twitter Updates
    follow me on Twitter
    www.flickr.com
    Talking to a few...
    Ange & Bruce Alcorn



    Widget_logo



    Fun Links
    Delicious Tags


    Latest Links

    Make Money Blogging


     
     Wednesday, February 18, 2004

    Australian Financial Review - Job Network fiasco exposed
    Australian Financial Review:

    "Job Network fiasco exposed

    Disabled people, parents and older workers are unwittingly being used to prop up a flawed $2.5 billion federal government jobs program that has already received a $670 million-a-year bail-out. By Laura Tingle Chief, political correspondent (Feb 18) "

    Unfortunately I can't link to the actual report since I'm not a member of this website.. I just read the article over lunch and thought I'd make reference to it.

    When I went to my job seeking course at Job Network I was one of 8 people in my 15 person class who already had a job. plus two of the people who didn't have jobs were studying. 4 people in that class actually needed work and were unable to get it.. the rest of us just needed more hours so we could not rely on benefits. She actually wanted me to skip work so I could attend her course. How absolutely deranged is that?

    I should have written that paper on the inadequacies of Job Network agences years ago when they opened. I was going to.. I don't know what happenned.

    Posted at 1:43 PM #

    Comments:
    View Comments »