Blog - LJ - ClaimID - Alcorn - Mad About - Habits - Soup - Sites - Friends - Bruce - Ange - Bootstrap - Net Savoir - Cloud Pics
My title is thus
Talking to myself...



Smange Facebook Fan Page

My status Angela Alcorn
Subscribing

 Subscribe in a reader

 Subscribe by Email
If you want to subscribe to a selection of stuff I do online, try this feed.
To collect my writing back into one place, I've made a Facebook Fan Page to collect all my best professional writing, including my work at MakeUseOf, NetSavoir, Vegemite Croissant, Stage Left Events, Bootstrap Your Life and more.
To browse other sites of mine, see my ClaimID.


Daily Mugshot



Twitter Updates
    follow me on Twitter
    www.flickr.com
    By Title
    Pondering
    Talking to a few...
    Ange & Bruce Alcorn



    Widget_logo



    Fun Links
    Delicious Tags


    Latest Links

    Make Money Blogging


     
     Saturday, October 02, 2004

    Pondering

    I had a strange thought on my way to work. I have a horrible feeling someone is going to read the Adelaide Effect post and say "Hey, I know ALL of those people - who the fuck are you?". Then I thought about it a bit and realised that Annie can probably do that :) Since Katie and Emma have both spent their fair share of time on #adelaide too.. I think I should meet this Annie person. I probably *have* on #adelaide years ago but didn't know who she was.

    You know, last night I told a very bad joke and found myself having to explain to my boss what a double entendre was. By the end of the night everyone was making double entendres and screaming "Double Entendre!!" after wards. I think I've warped their minds for good. I got the final word when I left by saying "Come on.. Double entendre.. Give me one! Give me one!". I was half way out of the room when they all screamed "Double Entendre!" Bwahaha. Work will never be the same again.

    I was also told a story last night about one of our innocent newbies (Leanne) saying to a member "Sorry, I'll have to put you on hold - My computer's going down on me". Unfortunately for Lucie I was drinking beer when I was told that and I think she wore some. :)

    I had a funny day yesterday. I barely ate at all. I tried to eat breakfast but my body just didn't agree that it was a good idea. I was busy getting a gym membership at lunch. I ate a pile of chocolate and cheese in the afternoon and some chips during cards. All the drinks I had during cards went straight to my head. I was trying to convince Chailee and Lucie that I was right to walk home when I walked into a wall and killed all semblance of sobriety. Somehow it became very important to them that we went to The Treasury and drank some more. I have never been inside that place but I was very shocked at how many immaculately dressed girls there were - and exactly how many guys were wearing blue and while diagonally checkered shirts. I nearly fell over laughing when I saw about 6 of them together.

    Somehow, Jason decided it was worth coming to pick me up (Thanks Jason, you rock!) and now I owe him 37 minutes of favours. You know.. that didn't sound quite so bad when we thought it up. *hides*. Sarah, Jason & Abe came around and vegged out for a while with us - pretty cool since I haven't seen Abe for forever.  Wrapped up the night by chatting to Sean. All in all, a pretty cool day.

    Posted at 4:18 AM #

    Comments:
    View Comments »